Rainy season is not just about cool weather and romantic drizzles, but also many underlying health conditions. Foot and toe infections are one among the major problems people generally suffer in this season.
The moisty atmosphere, waterlogged streets, and dampness bring various skin and foot problems if proper care is not taken. However, one can stay away from foot infections with few precautions we have listed here about feet care.
Feet Care Tips for Rainy Season
Here are some of the best rainy season feet care tips:
- AVOID SOAKING FEET IN RAINWATER
Due to frequent rains, you tend to soak your feet while walking or traveling in waterlogged streets. So once you return home don’t forget to wash your feet thoroughly with fresh water to remove off the dirt and water residues. It is advised to use soap or an antiseptic liquid in the water to kill the germs on your feet completely.
- KEEP YOUR FEET DRY
It is better to prefer shoes over sandals or slippers, as shoes can give complete protection to your feet from the dirty rainwater. Your feet are more prone to fungal and bacterial infections, so do not neglect washing your feet as soon as you get a chance and dry it with a clean cloth.
- FOOT SCRUBBING IS THE BEST
Soak your feet in warm and fresh water for about 10 minutes. You can add an antiseptic liquid for better results. After done with soaking clean your feet with the scrubber and wash it off. Scrubbing once or twice in a week is perfectly fine.
- APPLY FOOT MOISTURIZER
Apply a good moisturizer after bathing and scrubbing your feet as it helps to revitalize and form new skin cells in the place of dead cells. It also helps you from not absorbing rainy water even if you have got your feet soaked.
Also see Hair Care Tips here.
Tips To Avoid Foot Infection in Rainy Season
- BE CAREFUL WITH BRUISES AND WOUNDS
It is better to not soak your feet if you have any bruises or wounds on it. When dirty and polluted rainwater gets in contact with wounds it worsens the condition. So talk to your doctor and take preventive measures if you have to go out with your wounds. Apply a good antiseptic gel to your feet to stay away from bacteria and fungus around the feet.
- REGULARLY WASH YOUR FOOTWEAR & SOCKS
Wash your slippers and shoes regularly during this season. It is also advised to change socks every alternate day or immediately after it gets wet from rainwater. If left unwashed and not dried, the moisture of the dirty rainwater results in stinging, itching, fungal infections, and foul smell.
- TRY ANKLE OR GUMBOOTS
To avoid rainwater on the road from going inside try to wear gumboots and ankle boots which prevent water from entering inside your boots. Wearing this kind of footwear is fashionable as well as safe from infections.
DO’S AND DON’TS OF FOOT CARE IN RAINY SEASON
- Wash your feet with a good medicated soap immediately after returning to your home.
- Try to wear open slippers and rubber sandals.
- Get pedicure done regularly.
- Always wear clean and dry scandals or shoes. Never wear wet footwear which causes irritation, development of fungal and bacterial infections.
- Cut your nails short so that dirt doesn’t gather inside the nails which may cause infection.
- Try to soak your feet at least for 10 minutes after returning from a rainy day.
- Avoid wearing suede shoes and canvas.
- Women should avoid wearing high heels as it has more chance to slip on waterlogged slippery roads.
- Never tear cuticles on the toes.
- Do not walk barefoot in wet areas and in rainwater.
These are the best-recommended tips and precautions to give a complete feet care this Monsoon.